[S]pecial care must be had of Christian modesty in young women and girls, which is so gravely impaired by any kind of exhibition in public ....Divini Illius Magistri, (On Christian Education), Pope Pius XI, §68.
Truly modest clothing reaches below the knees whether one is standing or sitting. It has sleeves extending to the elbows. Quarter-length sleeves are nevertheless tolerated, but be careful: if they are too short or loose, bodily movements expose to view what should be concealed.Quoted from: The Marylike Standards of Modesty in Dress, published by the Sisters of the Society of Saint Pius X, Browerville, MN, p.2 (emphasis added). This publication is not dated but the Sisters distributed it in the 1990s.
Here are a few more examples of the “new” SSPX liberalizing itself to “fit in” with the world and with the conciliar church:
God made men and women different. He gave them their own roles to play in the divine plan. Pants are appropriate apparel for a man’s nature and figure, whereas dresses and skirts are fitting attire for a woman, since they help her maintain her identity and dignity. On the other hand, when a woman wears men’s clothing, the respect due to her God-given nature is lowered.Girls, dress like true women and daughters of the Virgin Mary. Be courageous enough to get rid of all your pants and shorts. Show that you are proud to be what God has made you! This is your glory before Him and before others.Quoted from The Marylike Standards of Modesty in Dress, published by the Sisters of the Society of Saint Pius X, Browerville, MN, p.3. This publication is not dated but the Sisters distributed it in the 1990s.Regrettably, the “new” SSPX’ promotes lax morals in many ways. Here are a few more examples:
- The “new” SSPX chose to use a picture of a bare-shouldered woman to advertise a book it sells.Read the N-SSPX’s own words, quoted from its own source, here: ../priests/sspx-immodesty-sell-books.html
- The “new” SSPX “decorates” its article on marriage with a generic “clip art” picture of a conciliar wedding, with a sleeveless bride exposing part of her flank.See, the SSPX’s DICI Magazine, #310, p.5.
- The “new” SSPX published a picture of their schoolgirls dressed in their school uniforms, some of which are miniskirts (inches above the knee).
ConclusionBeware of the Sisters and of the Angelus Magazine:
- The Sisters of the Society of St. Pius X have weakened and compromised like the rest of that group. Don’t look to them for guidance and for the Catholic standards they used to uphold.
- Reject the liberal and immodest Angelus Magazine. It is a tool for revolution within the SSPX.Here are two more examples of the Angelus Magazine acting as a tool of the N-SSPX revolutionaries: