Catholic Candle note: The article below was written by a man who has always been Traditional Catholic and who has been continually fighting liberalism since before Vatican II.
Most people are little concerned about Russia’s spreading its errors throughout the world because Russia is and has been held in check militarily for some time. This is a misguided understanding of the problem. While Russia is militarily held in check, most let their guards down, and much damage is being done to our nation’s (and the western world’s) culture, faith, and morals.
The Church had a special agreement with the Russians during Vatican II (which opened the Church to the world), whereby Rome agreed not to criticize them in any way. This was a well-known fact. It gave Communism respectability if the Catholic Church had nothing to say against it.
Our Lady at Fatima stated: “I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, by the Holy Father and all the bishops of the world. If my request is heeded, Russia will be converted and there will be peace. If not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, provoking wars and persecution against the Church.”
This consecration has never been done, contrary to what the conciliar church wants us to believe. So Russia continues to spread its errors throughout the world.
In 1963 the Russian Communist goals were read into the Congressional Record. I will list here 23 (of the 45 goals) that most directly affect our daily lives because of Russia’s continued success implementing them. I don’t think I have to explain how that success has caused—and continues to cause—great immorality, dysfunction, crises, loss of religious faith, and loss of patriotism, etc.
- Do away with all loyalty oaths. Vatican II eliminates the oath against Modernism.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations (unions). Put the party-line in textbooks.
- Gain control of all student newspapers.
- Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
- Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
- Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.” (See August 2018 issue of Catholic Candle on Modern Art)
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV [to which we can add the Internet].
- Present unnatural impurity, degeneracy, and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
- Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Eliminate prayer or any phrase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the grounds that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
- Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
- Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. (Even “Catholic divorce,” i.e., annulments).
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use “united force” to solve economic, political, or social problems.
- Internationalize the Panama Canal.
If you review each item, I’m sure you will better understand just how successful the Russians have been and continue to be in corrupting our culture, the Catholic Church, our nation, and the world in general.
We have a duty to fight against these errors as best we can. They have corrupted our lives in ways that we don’t always recognize.
We must pray that the pope and bishops consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary very soon, before our nation is destroyed completely.